so my mom and i are heading up to nyc next week to go on my very first gown search! it all stemmed from the beautiful dresses i found on one designer's site that she sells exclusively at her shop on the lower east side. (i will refrain from posting specifics or pictures because jordan is not allowed to see!) but the good news is that she also makes bridesmaid dresses, so i will get to see two of her beautiful collections at the same time!
i am so excited, but also very nervous. what should i wear? what if it is a billion degrees and i sweat all over the gowns? i just saw the movie "bridesmaids", so i know that i will stay away from a spicy lunch before trying on dresses.
when i called this particular salon three weeks ago to schedule my appointment, i had a classic molly embarrassing moment. i called them literally as soon as i found their gown collection online, and i didn't realize that my phone battery was dying. my phone makes a really loud "beep" noise periodically as its battery charge slowly dies, and this "beep" interferes with any conversation that you're trying to have over the phone and makes it difficult to hear the person on the other line. so my phone call with this bridal boutique went something like this:
Lady: Good morning, _________, how may I help you?
Me: *BEEEP*Hi, I was interested in making an appointment to try on your bridal gowns.
Lady: Wonderful...
[Appointment is made]
Lady: Now, there are a couple of things you need to do when you come in.
Me: [with pencil and paper eagerly in hand] Yes? *BEEEP*
Lady: Make sure you arrive fifteen minutes early, and be sure to wear flesh-colored underwear and *BEEEP*.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't hear that last part, what did you say?
Lady: I said, be sure to wear flesh-colored underwear and *BEEEP*
Me: Oh god, I'm really sorry, my phone is...um...I just...could you just say that last part one more time?
Lady: [notably frustrated] FLESH COLORED UNDERWEAR AND A STRAPLESS BRA.
Me: okthankyouverymuchilookforwardtoseeingyousoonbye.
SO embarassing. i hate asking people to repeat themselves, and the lady probably wasn't thrilled about having to repeat detailed undergarment instructions three times.
wish me luck this week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment